Pages

Temple

Temple

Follow

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Our 2013...and anticipation for 2014

We've been putting off Christmas cards, because let's face it...the most exciting thing about them is the children. Well, since that's not happening any time soon, we decided to get Christmas pictures this year anyway. We sent a postcard just to our family members, to cut down on the cost of stamps. So...for those of you that didn't get one and still care to see our lovely faces...




We're not really too keen on "props" in photos...but these didn't turn out so bad I suppose.






He threw the snow in my face.

This is the one we picked for our Christmas cards! He is so handsome.


Not much has happened this year. Okay, that's a lie. A LOT has happened this year. In April, I received my Bachelor's Degree with a major in History and two minors in Clothing Construction and Creative Writing. Then, I cried for many moons because I missed school the second it was over. I got a job as a drive-thru teller in August at Beehive Federal Credit Union in Idaho Falls, and it was definitely meant to be. I have really enjoyed working there so far. It has been a huge blessing. 

Brian is still working at First Call Jewel in Idaho Falls, and we have enjoyed the 30-minute drive together on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He has learned a lot there since he started over a year ago. He spent Tuesdays and Thursdays studying his little heart out at school while I was at work, and he passed his first semester at BYU-Idaho! YAY!! He likes it better up here than in Logan at Utah State.

We had an adventurous summer with a trip to St. George, Yellowstone, and a Skelton Family reunion. We also went to Huntsman's ranch in Driggs, Idaho for fireworks before the 4th of July, then we scored a spot with some friends by the river in Idaho Falls for fireworks on the 4th. We went to Mesa Falls twice, and many trips to the Rexburg temple. We got called as Sunbeam teachers in the Primary, and we have loved getting to know our 6 little 4-year old girls. We also put even more money into our silly car, and we bought our very first bed!







Today was Christmas Sunday. As I got dressed, I felt very nostalgic thinking about how my Mom used to make me a wonderful Christmas dress every year. So, in the spirit of new dresses for Christmas, I found this $6 beauty at D.I.:

 I find it entertaining that D.I. marked it as a large but the actual tag says it is a size 5/6.


No alterations required!



These are our very best Christmas smiles.


Brian got this tie on our honeymoon, and it's one of my favorites!

It's almost as good as my old dresses...and my Mom didn't have to put in one stitch or any all-nighters to finish it by Christmas! Thanks again, D.I.! And Mom, as always.

We already have some pretty big plans for the first of the year, but you'll have to wait until the end of January to hear our great news! It won't happen until then, but we've already started preparing for it, and we're really excited! It's not a baby.


2 comments:

  1. Love your 'Christmas Card' post. Love your pictures, every one <3 Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas photos! Who took them? I'm so happy you're part of our family and that you love my son so much. And I love, love, love your Christmas dress!

    ReplyDelete