Pages

Temple

Temple

Follow

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Metaphorical Breast Pads

When we were dating, one day in the car (we spent a lot of time in the car), Brian and I were talking about anniversaries and flowers...or something. I told him that the day would come when instead of flowers, I would want breast pads. Well...an explanation then followed concerning what breast pads were, why I would need them, and when I would want them. It was all metaphorical, of course. My point was that in the place of flowers that would wilt and die, I would greatly appreciate it if he listened to the things I say, and got me something even more thoughtful that I would actually use.

Yesterday, I received my first metaphorical breast pads! I've been working on changing my/our unhealthy habits lately, and part of that change has brought a desire to try almond and coconut flour for my baking purposes instead of white flour that is severely bleached and refined, to the point of it not being food anymore. That's a different rant, though. Yesterday, Brian ran to Winco for some milk, and he brought me back some almond flour AND coconut flour- a whole pound each! I love it when he surprises me like that...listening to what I say and all. (; It made me happy. The funny part is the reason he went to Winco in the first place: to buy some bleached, refined bread to make sandwiches. Haha one step at a time, right?

Super random picture:



1 comment:

  1. It is such a great moment when you realize your husband really does listen!!! I've been telling Joe that I need to clean our porch for weeks now and I just haven't gotten to it. I planned on doing it the other afternoon, but when I came home, he'd done it for me! He wiped down the patio furniture and everything, I was so thrilled!!!!

    ReplyDelete