Pages

Temple

Temple

Follow

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stewart Little

As one of our first adventures as newlyweds (I'm not quite sure when we move from the newlywed category), we would like to share with you the story of a smell.

Brian smelled it first. Then, after a couple days, we walked into our apartment after a day of being out in the fresh-smelling world filled with pollution, and I was stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I walked in the front door. It smelled like death. We originally thought it was coming fro the drain in the closet containing the water heater...so we poured what seemed like gallons of water down there after being told that this action would fix it in no time.

We were hopeful. We were faithful. And then, we couldn't handle it anymore. Brian came home from work a couple days ago,  and went straight to the refrigerator (there was a sneaking suspicion all along that something had crawled in the back and died. This is what he found...


Indeed. So, now we have a friend. The next day after I took him dinner, I resolved to get it out all by myself.  I pulled the refrigerator back out, unscrewed the back, and wrapped a plastic bag around my hand. I pressed play on my spotify account so Wicked would give me some comfort, and I reached in and grabbed the tail. It was stuck. Wouldn't budge. I couldn't bring myself to saturate it with enough lysol to release the glue, so on went the back, and back went the fridge. 

Until next time, little mouse. EEEEEEW!!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously expected that Brian, hearing that you had tried your best, despite the disgust, would have taken pity on you and become the protector:(

    ReplyDelete